Finally Back and moved!!

Special Library of Legendary Threads

Re: Finally Back and moved!!

Postby Korsik on Sun Apr 20, 2008 11:24 pm

I have decided to call all of my white friends "cracka", and have them call me that as well, whenever we're in front of black people. And the moment a black person calls one of us that, we're going to all freak out about racism and hate and how they're not allowed to call us that. It will be awesome.
You say, "Pendus, I'll shoot a crossbow bolt into your groin."
You say, "I'm not scared."
Issus says, "Now that's what I call...."
Issus turns a gear on the side of his goggles. The lenses slowly flip from violet to cyan.
Issus says, "Nuts and bolts."
Issus yells, "Yeeeeeeahhhh!"
Korsik
Rippentropp Don't Stop

Character Name: James

Postby Trent on Mon Apr 21, 2008 1:41 am

Korsik wrote:I have decided to call all of my white friends "cracka", and have them call me that as well, whenever we're in front of black people. And the moment a black person calls one of us that, we're going to all freak out about racism and hate and how they're not allowed to call us that. It will be awesome.

dont get shot. or stabbed.
Trent
Trent
Smelly Cat High Level Cawk

Character Name: .

Postby Zeltaen on Mon Apr 21, 2008 3:03 am

Navak wrote:The explanation above in bold is something I often see parroted by black people pretty much everywhere.

A word is a word. It is how it is used, not the user, that determines what it means.

But what I'm looking at isn't the use of the term, it's the fact that the person using it is generally very obviously motivated by some sort of bigotry and is trying their best to express it in a nonagressive way so as to avoid having it come back on them. Clarification: When Chris Rock talked about the difference between a black man and a nigger, it's the same as a gay person talking about the difference between a queer and a fag--one is a regular person and the other is a living stereotype.

When John Q. Redneck says, "I don't judge as a whole, but this particular individual was a nigger," the person is in most cases externalizing their inner problems in a passive aggressive way so as to avoid being called out on it. It's like pissing in your boss's coffee instead of punching him in the teeth.

Not saying this is always the case, but nine times out of ten, you can tell by the person's face what they really mean, even if they're pretending it's some sort of joke. I don't agree with the "nigger is their word!" nonsense, but I also don't feel the need to use it in the pejorative sense because I don't have any self esteem issues.

TL:DR: Colle has always been nuts and not in a cute or funny way. I tried to ignore her weird IMs, but when you start sharing racist opinions with people you don't know, they're not going to react well.
Zeltaen
Smelly Cat Immortal

Character Name: Syrenie

Postby Olybard on Mon Apr 21, 2008 4:13 am

These threads would be so much better if people just SHUT THE FUCK UP after all the funny was used up.
Bard
Olybard
Smelly Cat Immortal

Character Name: Oly

Postby Zeltaen on Mon Apr 21, 2008 5:18 am

Olybard wrote:These threads would be so much better if people just SHUT THE FUCK UP after all the funny was used up.

well people like navak have to jump on the devil's advocate boat and i hate them for it
Zeltaen
Smelly Cat Immortal

Character Name: Syrenie

Postby Navak on Mon Apr 21, 2008 7:03 am

In this case I wasn't playing that role. However, I'll add a dose to the rest of the post.

Pretty much everyone is racist to some degree.

It's not like racism can never arrive at a correct conclusion in a given situation.

I find just as many racist black people, asians, whatever.

People are people and frankly as a third generation American it pisses me off when someone offloads "Hundreds of years of American oppression!" onto my hands like I'm Jesus and should go out and get myself treed so I get annoyed easily in these types of things.

Guess what, lots of groups go through harassment, oppression, and bullshit everywhere. Blacks are not a special case even within American society.

It reminds me of women's rights advocates who want equality but don't want women bound by selective service. It's retarded.

As for your clarification...you're using gross generalizations in the same manner as the dude calling black people niggers.
[07/10/2008 00:46:14] <QuesloWork> to many civil liberties is what got us attacked in the fist place thanks bill

That said, Simu has always been like this, anyone that has played any of their games for an extended period of time knows they're tight-lipped. You'd also know that they deliver what they say they're going to and it's of the highest quality when it's done. - Some idiot on MMORPG
Navak
Smelly Cat Immortal

Postby Dulcinia on Mon Apr 21, 2008 10:16 am

Navak,

SHUT UPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP!
~Headmistress Dulcinia

Koji and Durahan: Just, uh, so we're clear, I don't REALLY like boners.

"I totally agree about the word "no". The second I hear that come out of a girls mouth my pee pee gets scared and disappears like a turtle into its shell." ~Meragin

"There is way too much me and dicks in Olesh's signature. :( " ~Navak
Dulcinia
Dulci Big Balls

Character Name: Dulcinia

Postby Navak on Mon Apr 21, 2008 10:46 am

Dulcinia wrote:Navak,

SHUT UPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP!

[07/10/2008 00:46:14] <QuesloWork> to many civil liberties is what got us attacked in the fist place thanks bill

That said, Simu has always been like this, anyone that has played any of their games for an extended period of time knows they're tight-lipped. You'd also know that they deliver what they say they're going to and it's of the highest quality when it's done. - Some idiot on MMORPG
Navak
Smelly Cat Immortal

Postby Avrii on Mon Apr 21, 2008 11:15 am

i lol'd
tremulous wrote:Life's one big game of mafia to Sara.

<Overlord_45> look i can pay enough attention to the characters to recognize that it's really fucking funny for certain characters to take the actions that they've chosen to take in this game and also want to replace my eyes with my testicles to see if the Nadugan will awaken the power to truly purge my memory of ever watching this
Avrii
Smelly Cat Immortal

Character Name: Ryxa

Postby Korsik on Mon Apr 21, 2008 12:22 pm

Arwinia wrote:i lol'd
You say, "Pendus, I'll shoot a crossbow bolt into your groin."
You say, "I'm not scared."
Issus says, "Now that's what I call...."
Issus turns a gear on the side of his goggles. The lenses slowly flip from violet to cyan.
Issus says, "Nuts and bolts."
Issus yells, "Yeeeeeeahhhh!"
Korsik
Rippentropp Don't Stop

Character Name: James

Postby Magrid on Wed Apr 23, 2008 12:30 am

Korsik wrote:
Arwinia wrote:i lol'd
(1:35:49 PM) C0lettea1: damn he is hard
(1:54:38 PM) C0lettea1: men suck

Magrid