People

Nutella?

Really?

Nutella is awesome. Fak u.
Totenus
Smelly Cat Immortal

Character Name: Madigan

Postby Taerix on Thu Jan 31, 2008 7:47 am

french fries are also originally from Belgium I believe.

Tae~
George: you would only walk upon ground hallowed by cherry blossoms thrown by virgins
George: but really
George: who wants Hikuro and George throwing old flower petals at your face
-------------------
Taerix (12:21:03 PM): they are romanian
Chek (12:21:26 PM): o
Chek (12:21:34 PM): isn't rome over in britain or something
Chek (12:21:39 PM): I failed geography
---------------------
vandyl wrote:Maybe I'm just a size queen, but personally, I don't think I could ever go back to anything under 15".
Taerix
Smelly Cat Immortal

Postby janick on Thu Jan 31, 2008 8:30 am

Taerix wrote:french fries are also originally from Belgium I believe.
Tae~

So they claim.

Thomas Jeffereson did what any American should do, he stole, trademarked , and sold them.
Saet: janick vs rayfe: carebear stare off?
Sara|Work: lol janick wins
Sara|Work: rayfe uses nigger too much

4 years later we see the elusive Goku gene from the Phelps family.
janick
Smelly Cat Immortal

Character Name: Celeiros Zakuro Pheer

Postby Totenus on Thu Jan 31, 2008 8:55 am

janick wrote:
Tae~

So they claim.

Thomas Jeffereson did what any American should do, he stole, trademarked , and sold them.

He gets credit for mac & cheese. Not too bad. The things you learn from Good Eats...
Totenus
Smelly Cat Immortal

Character Name: Madigan

Postby repopularizequalude on Thu Jan 31, 2008 9:09 am

Totenus wrote:
janick wrote:
Tae~

So they claim.

He gets credit for mac & cheese. Not too bad. The things you learn from Good Eats...

Popular culinary lore states the french fry was invented in america, and named so because it was cooked in the same manner as napoleon's eggplant platter. In the french fryer.

This same lore also states they were invented by mistake, but how thats possible boggles my imagination. Maybe the chef was trying to fry carrot sticks or something.
Death knows no bounds. He just doesn't like you.

Gonk's first law of "The Waffle Defense": Sometimes there just aren't enough waffles.
repopularizequalude
Smelly Cat High Level Cawk

Postby Veronique on Thu Jan 31, 2008 9:57 am

French fries and mayo!!
I grew up eating fries like this, when I got to school I thought it was gross people eating them with ketchup. I soon discovered I was the odd one out.
Veronique

Character Name: Formerly Shayloe

Postby illjill on Thu Jan 31, 2008 10:40 am

I don't really care where they originated but I haven't had very many good ones lately. I read that the best way to cook french fries is in horse fat. The famed Joel Robuchon does this in Paris at his restaurants. I know there's a place in Chicago that does goose fat on the weekends (party party). I'd like to smuggle some horse fat in and try this myself. Hook me up.

As for nutella, how do you not love nutella? When we traveled to Germany the first time I was in high school and had it at breakfast. I tried to steal the little packets because I didn't realize they have it everywhere over there. Chocolate-hazelnut being acceptable for breakfast = awesome.
<&Trent> my rl foraging would be like "forage grass" "you find some dog poop!" "You dont own a dog!"

GrandMasterTrent (11:38:33 PM): and was like "I WISH I COULD TAKE A PICTURE OF THIS TURD AND SEND IT TO YOU
GrandMasterTrent (11:38:36 PM): ITS LIKE THE TURD OF A LIFETIME
MarennDR (11:38:38 PM): lol
GrandMasterTrent (11:38:46 PM): b/c it literally looked like i was hiding an 8" black dildo up my ass
GrandMasterTrent (11:38:52 PM): and then pooped it out
illjill

Character Name: Saraehle my noob mm YAY

Postby Navak on Thu Jan 31, 2008 10:57 am

If you're pregnant more than twice in five years, you don't get to have acceptable food opinions, not even from the past.
[07/10/2008 00:46:14] <QuesloWork> to many civil liberties is what got us attacked in the fist place thanks bill

That said, Simu has always been like this, anyone that has played any of their games for an extended period of time knows they're tight-lipped. You'd also know that they deliver what they say they're going to and it's of the highest quality when it's done. - Some idiot on MMORPG
Navak
Smelly Cat Immortal

Postby illjill on Thu Jan 31, 2008 11:07 am

:(
<&Trent> my rl foraging would be like "forage grass" "you find some dog poop!" "You dont own a dog!"

GrandMasterTrent (11:38:33 PM): and was like "I WISH I COULD TAKE A PICTURE OF THIS TURD AND SEND IT TO YOU
GrandMasterTrent (11:38:36 PM): ITS LIKE THE TURD OF A LIFETIME
MarennDR (11:38:38 PM): lol
GrandMasterTrent (11:38:46 PM): b/c it literally looked like i was hiding an 8" black dildo up my ass
GrandMasterTrent (11:38:52 PM): and then pooped it out
illjill

Character Name: Saraehle my noob mm YAY

Postby Thilan on Thu Jan 31, 2008 11:30 am

Shayloe wrote:French fries and mayo!!
I grew up eating fries like this, when I got to school I thought it was gross people eating them with ketchup. I soon discovered I was the odd one out.

Tatziki is pretty good with fries as well. I like the fancy kinds of mayo you get at Belgian fry shops (where they cook the fries twice and serve it to you in a paper cone). But straight up Hellman's? That's just plain nasty.

illjill wrote:I don't really care where they originated but I haven't had very many good ones lately. I read that the best way to cook french fries is in horse fat. The famed Joel Robuchon does this in Paris at his restaurants. I know there's a place in Chicago that does goose fat on the weekends (party party). I'd like to smuggle some horse fat in and try this myself. Hook me up.

My buddy is a chef at his restaurant in NY. I'll ask him if they do any special tricks there. Having a friend who's a chef is awesome -- he brought chili in duck stock to our tailgate before a Giants game. Fucking unbelieveable.

Vegemite is actually pretty good. When I first had it I spread it on toast like peanut butter, which was indeed nasty, but my Kiwi buddy showed me that you just scrape a bit over the surface like butter. Then it was good.
THIS IS THE TRUE MEANING OF DRAGONREALMS - THE ABILITY TO SIT AND STARE AT DIGITS FLYING BY AS IF I WAS SOME KIND OF WALL STREET GURU, ONLY INSTEAD OF GOLD BULLION I AM TRACKING MECH LORE DIVIDENDS.
Thilan
Smelly Cat Beast

Character Name: Cazvelu

Postby Coryne on Thu Jan 31, 2008 12:44 pm

I've had sweet potato fries before that were really tasty- first time was at some pub in Boston and also some little hole in the wall cafe outside Pittsburgh. The cafe served them with pecan syrup and butter.
<~incarna> I'm going to stud my penis with so much metal it'll be like riding a cheese grater

<Gothus> bitch i'm a fuckin lion my ass will be on any nuts i fucking choose

<Zaktraw> Coryne tried to do unwholesome things to my text. :(
<Pam|Mobile> Way to go Coryne!
Coryne
Rippentropp Don't Stop

Character Name: Coryne

Postby Urwin on Thu Jan 31, 2008 12:54 pm

The Italians all eat nutella and think peanut butter is disgusting.

I got no nervous glances at all for constantly eating anchovy pizza but everyone thought buying peanut butter was just gross. Everything is endearingly backwards over there.
Urwin
Comrade Urwin

Character Name: Urwin

Postby Vinjince on Thu Jan 31, 2008 1:43 pm

mayo is just fucking disgusting
Vahlissa gestures at you.
A crackling stream of energy flies at you.
A sickening crunch comes from you as your chest collapses like an accordion. An awkward moment passes before the pathetically flailing limbs fall away from your tortured body in an explosion of flesh and sinew.
A panicked scream pierces the air. "Murderer!" You notice the nearby citizenry staring at Vahlissa briefly, before most quickly run off in fear.
* Vinjince was just struck down!
Your death cry echoes in your brain as it quickly dawns on you that you have just died!
Vinjince
Smelly Cat Immortal

Character Name: Vinjince

Postby Reene on Thu Jan 31, 2008 1:53 pm

I love mayo.

I eat ranch dressing on my fries and chicken strips, but in a pinch I will use mayo instead.

Anchovies are also delicious and people who say they are gross probably haven't tried them. The only bad part about eating them is the little pin bones but I think you can get them without those.
* kystrk has joined #isleeptoomuch
<incarna> ladies only allow cocks in their asses, apparently
<kystrk> hell of a way to walk into the convo

<Meragin> dudes typically my foreskin is in the mouth not being stretch and played like a fucking kazoo
<Phii> lol typically nigga please
<Phii> You're here playing DR.
<Asrion> hes really flexible, ok?
Reene
Smelly Cat Immortal

Character Name: Caelumia

Postby Fenrirr on Thu Jan 31, 2008 1:59 pm

Vinjince wrote:mayo is just fucking disgusting

Thank you. I almost threw up reading about fries + mayo.
Fenrirr

Character Name: FKA Fenrirr-Gothus

PreviousNext

Return to Hall of Fame