Page 1 of 12

Dead bodies increase property value

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 5:13 am
by SmellyDog
Mmmmmkay. So, it's late, and I'm just gonna get a few skills locked before I go to bed. I go to Willow Walk where there's decent mana to do magic. This is the same place I always go to, and I've seen others hang out there as well. NO BIG DEAL, RIGHT?

Wrong.
Meet Taleek, a wannabe lover of the Flora. Let's see what happens after Vrii has been sitting there for a while fiddling with her cambrinth.

Taleek asks, "Can we help you lass?"
You ask, "Me?"
Taleek nods.
You say, "No."
You ask, "Why?"
Taleek says, "You look lost.."
You say, "Nope."
You smile.
You say, "This is where I hang out usually."
You nod in agreement.
Paschein says, "Funny, I don't think I've ever seen you in my yard."
Paschein smiles at you.
You say, "It's not so much your yard."
>l
[Willow Walk, Garden Path]
A high stone wall to the west closes off this area from the traffic, noise, and smells of the city, providing a quiet oasis that protects and encourages many delicate flowers and herbs to flourish. Small cottages seem to blend into the lush growth, becoming an integral part of a living whole rather than an intrusion upon it. You also see a pile of strawberries, a shadowling, a pine-trimmed home with a lawn decorated with tiny marble bunnies, a dark oak frame house with a silver and crystal windchime hanging over its door, and an oak-trimmed cottage.
Also here: Paschein, Copernicus, and Gardener Taleek.
Obvious paths: north, east, south.

You say, "It is a public area."
You say, "Your home might be near."
Taleek says, "Oh but it is.. Her yard.."
You say, "But this is a pretty spacious area right here."
Paschein says, "Yes, someone who's decided they've naught else to do."
Paschein nods to Taleek.
You say, "I'm not even standing next to any of the houses."
You blink.
You say, "You've got to be kidding me."
Taleek says, "I dont kid anyone.."
You say, "Well, I plan on remaining here."
You say, "I apologize if that offends you."
Paschein closes her eyes for a moment and grows still.
You say, "But I've the right to do so, and I've never ever heard of someone attempting to claim this property as theirs."
Taleek says, "If you offend me, you will be dead.."
You say, "I do beloeve the provincial authorities would agree with me."
You squint at Taleek.
>l tale
You see Gardener Taleek Ana-Kaidin of Ilithi, an Elf.
He has an angular face with elegant arched eyebrows, pointed ears, deep-set ale-brown eyes and a crooked nose. His silver-streaked black hair is shoulder length and straight, and is worn pulled up in a topknot. He has fair skin and a thin build.
He is tall for an Elf.
He is young for an Elf.
He has a long bristly mustache on his upper lip and a fuzzy beard.
He has a tattoo of two amber-eyed ferrets with their tails intertwined and paws outstretched to grasp a single flawless heart-shaped ruby on his neck.
He is in good shape.

He is wearing a supple black leather thigh bag with a silver panther-shaped clasp, a midnight blue bandolier embroidered in black with the stalking panther of Damaris, a muted black leather haversack, a thick iron ring with an obsidian plate carved in the shape of a centaur, some perfect gargoyle-hide leathers, a fine platinum chain, a somber black quiver, a jadeite gwethdesuan and a kyanite gwethdesuan.

You say, "I would be cautious."
You say, "If I were you."
Taleek says, "So would I.."
>rub shadow
As you rub the shadowling, it squints its eyes shut and flattens its wings against its body. I love messing with the shadowlings of people that are not fond of me. *preens*

A bit later...

Bully Galren just arrived.What a surprise to see you, good friend.

R>l gal
You see Bully Galren Moonskin of the Therengia Infantry, a Rakash.
He has crystal green eyes. His black hair is shoulder length and thick, and is worn shaggy. He has tanned skin.
He is very tall for a Rakash.
He is young for a Rakash.
He is in good shape.

He is holding some scraggly-feathered vultures with long carved beaks in his right hand.
He is wearing a oak longbow, a sturdy backpack, a studded greatsword harness, a gold wedding band, a shoulder-slung ebony leather haversack, a somber black shaman's robe, a dark stained target shield, an azure-scaled poloh'izh hide cloak, a Dwarven mining cowl and some studded leather gloves.

You ask Taleek, "That your shadowling?"
Galren says, "Ugly little thing."
Galren yawns expansively.
Taleek looks over at Galren and yawns.
Galren asks, "Hey Taleek, you're ruining my property value. Care to relocate yourself?"
You glance at Galren, a male Rakash.
Taleek says, "Only if I drag your dead body there.. "
Galren whispers, "HEHE"
Galren chuckles.
You whisper to Galren, OH YES.
Galren gets a square-faced throwing hammer made of pitted black iron from inside his backpack.
You whisper to Galren, OH GOD YES
Driving in with naturally fluid movements, Galren throws a square-faced throwing hammer made of pitted black iron at Taleek. Taleek fails to dodge, avoiding only some of the blow. The hammer lands an extremely heavy hit that explodes the right eye with a direct hit, knocking him completely senseless!
The throwing hammer falls to the ground!
Galren picks up a square-faced throwing hammer made of pitted black iron.
Galren says, "Jackass"
Driving in with naturally fluid movements, Galren throws a square-faced throwing hammer made of pitted black iron at Taleek. Taleek attempts to evade, taking the full blow. The hammer lands a very heavy hit that crushes the pelvis with a loud snap!
The throwing hammer falls to the ground!
You say, "Ooooo."
Galren picks up a square-faced throwing hammer made of pitted black iron.
R>l talee
You see Gardener Taleek Ana-Kaidin of Ilithi, an Elf.
He is prime gay for an Elf.

He appears to be stunned! Other than that...

He has a severely bloated and discolored abdomen with strange round lumps under the skin, a severely swollen, bruised and blind right eye.

He is bleeding with widespread discoloration in the right eye and with widespread discoloration in the abdomen and also from the brain because he is not smart.


He is wearing gay.

Galren says, "I'll break your face open"
You say, "Property value increased."
Galren puts his hammer in his backpack.
Galren looks over at Taleek and yawns.
Paschein just touched Taleek.
Taleek gets a Dwarven mining cowl from inside his leather haversack.
Galren says, "And for the record, I'm the only real Gardener"
You say to Taleek, "I think you had that coming."
Taleek gets some battered black leather gloves from inside his somber black quiver.
Taleek slips some battered black leather gloves onto his hands.
Galren says, "Don't prep anything in front of me"
Galren says, "Just as a heads up."
You say, "Bloated abdomen."
You hear the voice of Galren say, "Thoughts a second"
Taleek points at Galren, ruining his hiding place.
Galren gets a square-faced throwing hammer made of pitted black iron from inside his backpack.
Driving in like an unbeatable force, Galren throws a square-faced throwing hammer made of pitted black iron at Taleek. Taleek fails to dodge, avoiding only some of the blow. The hammer lands a strong hit that rips skin and snaps bone with a hard blow to the right leg!
The throwing hammer falls to the ground!

Galren says, "Dont point me"
Galren picks up a square-faced throwing hammer made of pitted black iron.
Galren says, "I swear to Be'ort."
Taleek says, "Shut up"Wheeeeee!
Moving in with powerful grace, Galren throws a square-faced throwing hammer made of pitted black iron at Taleek. Taleek fails to evade, stepping partly into the blow. The hammer lands an extremely heavy hit that blasts clean through the right leg with a well-placed swing that throws blood and bone splinters everywhere!
The throwing hammer falls to the ground!
* Taleek was just struck down!
* Taleek is slain before your eyes!

A passerby runs off, screaming for the militia to arrest Galren on the charge of murder!

A troupe of guards come riding up on some splendid Clan steeds! The leader says, "So we've found you, Galren! Time to pay the price for your crimes!"

Without warning the guards manacle and chain Galren, kick his feet out from under him, and lift him onto a horse. Congratulating themselves at their capture, the guards ride off with their prisoner.

You say, "You are the dumbest person ever."
You get an odd feeling that someone is watching you. It quickly passes.That was really quick. Moonies and their Moonie friends.
You pick up a square-faced throwing hammer made of pitted black iron.
You get an odd feeling that someone is watching you. It quickly passes.
You put your hammer in your scavenger's rucksack.
You work carefully at tending his wound.
Doing your best, you only manage to bandage the area a little.And I also love tending people that die at Galren's hand.

A fierce blue-white glare forces you to avert your eyes for a moment. When it subsides, a blue Moongate stands before you, rippling slightly.
Paschein just went through a blue Moongate, dragging Taleek's body with her.

You peer through the Moongate...

[The Crossing, Town Green Southeast]
This tranquil corner of the Green has a small bower of entwined modwyn vines, laden with tempting, grape-like clusters. A limestone bench and some sawed-off sections of trees that serve as rustic stools make up an open-air performance space, where bards, musicians and poets can demonstrate their talents. You also see a pool of black shadows, an oak burin handle, a white-tailed leopard who is sitting, some black powder, a braided bundling rope, a ripe nectarine, a young alchemist student, a gilded walkway, a hale and sturdy young oak, and the Amphitheater gate.
Also here: the body of Gardener Taleek who is lying down, Paschein, Navigator Hashi, Digmo, and Butcher Powerhaus.
Obvious paths: north, west, northwest.
You notice Paschein peering through the other side of the Moongate.
A blue Moongate collapses in on itself.

>l house
This house belongs to Paschein.
(Vrii lifts her leg and relieves herself upon the dark oak frame house.)


So, I go back to workin my skills, and I toss up a mech lore script. Paschein returns, healing and doing random stuff. We ignore each other. THEN THIS HAPPENS. Check it out keeping in mind that this room has normal critter messaging that I ignore.

A tiny mouse scampers into the room and stops when it sees you. Cautiously it approaches you and tugs on your pant leg. "What you doing?" he squeaks, then sits down and stares up at you.

The tiny mouse taps on your foot. "Hey, there! What you doing?" he squeaks.

"Knock, Knock" the mouse says, wondering if you are ever going to notice him.

>l mouse
I could not find what you were referring to.

"Knock, Knock" the mouse says, wondering if you are ever going to notice him.

By now the tug has turned into a yank, "Hey, you! Didn't your mother teach you manners?! What you doing? Are you ignoring me?!"

I think you should move along now. Ok, I guess it's a check?

>report Ok, I dunno if that was a check or not, but if it was I'm here.

You were idle and unresponsive for quite some time. So I suggest you move along. And it was NOT a long time at all.

You blink.

>report Well, I'm here now.

Yes, I see you are here, but I suggest you move along now. So that I know you haven't just paused your script. You're kidding, right?

>report There is room messaging here, and I didn't know if it was a check or not. I tried to interact with the mouse, but I could not, so I ignored it. I am locked in mechanical lore and will be stopping that thanks. I don't see why I have to move rooms.

You have been asked to leave this room. Your scrolling has raised complaint. Please move to another room.

>report That is absolutely ridiculous. This is the best mana room for me. I am not scrolling incessantly. I am doing normal DR things. I'm moving, but this is crap.

Please move rooms now, or I will move you.

You growl ferociously!

>report Way to not own up to who you are either.

* * * * * * * * * * * *

REPORT is the DragonRealms equivalent of a 911 call, interrupting the work of all online GameMasters, and should only be used for emergencies. Complaints, questions, suggestions, and any other communications should be done through other channels, such as the message boards, ASSIST, or FEEDBACK. Continued improper use of REPORT will result in removal of this ability for a time.

* * * * * * * * * * * *


So what am I... HMC now? Fucking Christ. I was breaking stones and then working my cambrinth. HOW IS THAT ANNOYING SCROLL? Would someone please give me a list of all of the players behind DR characters that are blowing the fucking GMs so I know which ones I'm allowed to PLAY THE FUCKING GAME IN FRONT OF, thanks. Preesh.

Oh, and if the GM is reading this, YOU ARE A COWARDLY FUCKER. YOUR BELLY BUTTON IS UGLY.

Re: Dead bodies increase property value

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 5:59 am
by Pureblade
SmellyDog wrote:By now the tug has turned into a yank, "Hey, you! Didn't your mother teach you manners?! What you doing? Are you ignoring me?!"


PARDON ME FAIR MOUSE I THOUGHT I WAS HAVING THE VAPORS BECAUSE WHY THE FUCK WOULD A MOUSE TALK

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 7:47 am
by SmellyDog
OK SO IF YOU THOUGHT THAT WASNT ENOUGH THERE IS MORE.

I notice that Paschein and Taleek are not in realms, and so I am overjoyed that I can rest from backtraining in my favorite spot. The GM brings an "old mage" in the room whom I -immediately- greet. He talks to me a little. I talk to him. Then he goes silent. I go about my training and such. OH HI SCOUT OGRE.

A scout ogre lumbers into sight, glancing around.
>
You attach a twisted cambrinth armband to your upper arm.

You signal to your baby raccoon.

The baby raccoon wanders off to find a quiet place to sleep.

You grumble. I see the ogre, and I know I am going to die.
>l
[Willow Walk, Garden Path]
A high stone wall to the west closes off this area from the traffic, noise, and smells of the city, providing a quiet oasis that protects and encourages many delicate flowers and herbs to flourish. Small cottages seem to blend into the lush growth, becoming an integral part of a living whole rather than an intrusion upon it. You also see a scout ogre, a scout ogre, a pile of strawberries, a pile of strawberries, a pine-trimmed home with a lawn decorated with tiny marble bunnies, a dark oak frame house with a silver and crystal windchime hanging over its door, and an oak-trimmed cottage.
Obvious paths: north, east, south.
>
A scout ogre turns to face you.
* Moving with powerful grace, a scout ogre fires a crossbow bolt at you. You attempt to evade, failing miserably. The bolt lands an awesome strike that scratches a long swath of skin along the abdomen (A fine wound to show to friends!), severely stunning you.
The crossbow bolt lodges itself shallowly into you!
[You're very badly hurt, very badly balanced with opponent in excellent position.]
!S>
!S>s
You are still stunned.
!S>
A scout ogre lumbers into sight, glancing around.
!S>s
You are still stunned.
!S>s
!S>s
You are still stunned.
!S>s
You are still stunned.
!S>
You are still stunned.
!S>dance
You are still stunned.
!S>s
You are still stunned.
!S>s
You are still stunned.
!S>s
You are still stunned.
!S>s
You are still stunned.
!S>
You have lost the spell you were preparing.
!S>
A scout ogre turns to face you.
* Moving with powerful grace, a scout ogre fires a crossbow bolt at you. You fail to dodge, mis-stepping and blundering into the blow. The bolt lands an extremely heavy hit that cuts deeply into the left tricep.
The crossbow bolt lodges itself firmly into you!
[You're near death, very badly balanced with opponent in excellent position.]
!S>dance
You are still stunned.
!S>s
You are still stunned.
!S>
You are still stunned.
!S>s
You are still stunned.
!S>
You feel yourself falling...
You feel like you're dying!

!SUP>
* Driving in with naturally fluid movements, a scout ogre fires a crossbow bolt at you. You attempt to evade, taking the full blow. The bolt lands a vicious strike that pokes a clean hole right through the back, narrowly missing vital organs.
The crossbow bolt lodges itself firmly into you!
* Vrii was just struck down!
The translucent sphere around you suddenly pops like a soap bubble.
Your fingertips and knees return to their normal state as your ability to climb wanes.
You feel less confident about your skinning abilities.
Your sense of smell returns to normal.
Your death cry echoes in your brain as it quickly dawns on you that you have just died! Already, you feel the tug of eternity upon your spirit and you struggle to remain tied to this world.

You are somewhat comforted that you have gained favor with your God and are in no danger of walking the Starry Road, never to return.

Your body will decay beyond its ability to hold your soul in 180 minutes.
[You're extremely imbalanced]
DEAD>
A scout ogre stomps around snorting.
DEAD>
A scout ogre stomps around snorting.
DEAD>'You are the meanest person ever. Ok, here is the first "oddity." Why am I stunned when I am dead?
You are still stunned.
DEAD>
A scout ogre picks something out of its hair and eats it, smacking its lips.
DEAD>
A scout ogre picks something out of its hair and eats it, smacking its lips.
DEAD>
You say, "You are the meanest person ever." I am talking to the GayMaster here.
DEAD>


Ok, so I just depart because I don't want to wait. I die a second time on the way back to getting my stuff and am rejuved by a bud and depart AGAIN. I get back to my grave and...

You say, "THERE MIGHT BE A MOUSE IN HERE"
You say, "OR AN OLD MAGE"
You say, "I DONT THINK THEY ARE VERY NICE"
Veloric says, "I'll slay them all."
You burst from hiding and begin to dance about!
J>
Your spirit feels less drained.
J>dig gra
Just as you begin to dig out your grave with your bare hands, it opens up as if it was expecting you.

I get out some stuff when...

The black death spirit flies in, claws raised menacingly!
J>hide
You see Veloric glance at you as you hide.
The black death spirit notices your attempt to hide!
The black death spirit reveals you, ruining your hiding attempt!
Roundtime: 5 sec.

You say, "UGH"

Veloric moves over to guard you.
JR>
Veloric gestures at you.
A thousand tiny spiders crawl out of their hiding places and begin crawling over you, trapping you in a cocoon of sticky webbing!
You feel the tell-tale bites of the spiders!
WJ>
Veloric says, "ah snapo"

Vel webbing me was an honest accident, and like I would have survived any way.
But that leads to...


You feel yourself falling...
You feel like you're dying!

Veloric grabs you and drags you north with him.
[Willow Walk, Garden Path]
Also here: Veloric.
Obvious paths: east, south.
!SUP>'MOTHER OF
You are still stunned.
!SUP>
Veloric works carefully at tending your wounded left arm.
Roundtime: 12 sec.

And then I die for the THIRD TIME.

You say, "OH MY GOD"
DEAD>
Veloric grabs your body and drags it south with him.
[Willow Walk, Garden Path]
Also here: Veloric.
Obvious paths: north, east, south.

You say, "OH MY #BMM%*IL UTE W$ N*(^WR :HIOT"
DEAD>
You say, "I'm gonna autodepart AGAIN now."
DEAD>
You say, "This is some crap."
DEAD>
The slender tip bolt lodged in Veloric loosens a bit.
DEAD>
Veloric says, "Yes"

You say, "Yeah, this is rigged."


Things of note:
--I was stunned AFTER I died.
--Right after I departed the final time and was waiting in the Temple, I had a friend posted at my grave. He witnessed everything popping out of my grave immediately. Like one right after the other quite rapidly. This was RIGHT after I departed.
--My friend, who is of significant circle, could not pick up a single item of mine because it said he lacked discipline. 22 second RT. That should only happen to noobs.
--The ogres in turn invaded the entire Crossing AFTER they killed me, but the death spirits were only in MY ROOM.
--There was a white alfar avenger that appeared in the room sometime when we were fighting? It was just weird. No one was there that we knew of.
--Holy shit... WHO DID I PISS OFF? Paschein and/or Taleek must be a damn good lay.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 7:58 am
by Nazirre
Definetly sounds like someone had it in for you then just expanded the ogres to make it look ledgit. I would definetly file a complaint or something not that it would help in any way.

Naz

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 8:26 am
by Kolaisa
Sounds like Pashein was in hiding. I'd bank that it was her avenger there with you.


>l talee
You see Gardener Taleek Ana-Kaidin of Ilithi, an Elf.
He is prime gay for an Elf.

He appears to be stunned! Other than that...

He has a severely bloated and discolored abdomen with strange round lumps under the skin, a severely swollen, bruised and blind right eye.

He is bleeding with widespread discoloration in the right eye and with widespread discoloration in the abdomen and also from the brain because he is not smart.

He is wearing gay.


ahahahaha, that's classic

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 8:51 am
by Grenshin
As I recall the events happening, Vrii died the first time at about 7:00 am EST, departed and went back. On her way back, she died again. I rejuved her JUST before she autodeparted. Then, the spirits got her (and, like she said, goblin mercenaries and scout ogres were invading the town, but somehow death spirits were ONLY at Willow Walk as far as I know) and I vigiled and rejuved her again. She sat in the temple and waited for stuff to calm down before running to her grave a third time.

The grave rapidly decayed at about 7:30. One half of an hour after she died the first time.

You mean to tell me that every item can drop out of a grave within a half hour? Maybe I'm ignorant to some of the death mechanics, but from what I saw, when that Alfar was around, the first grave (with everything in it) was OPENED, and THEN the shit popped out.

Fuckers.

On a side note, because of this bullshit, I'm gonna live up to this badge I bought at the fest. (Except for you, Moaht :wink:)

>look second bad
Clad in white shaman's robes, a serene figure kneels in prayer before an altar. In the background, two adventurers are depicted dragging in a dead comrade, apparently oblivious to the swarm of shadowy souls already vying for the priest's attention. Beneath the scene, a bold caption in spidery script reads, "Not my corpse, not my problem."

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 8:52 am
by Phii
lol Taleek is a really nice guy in person. Perhaps this was not a good day.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 9:07 am
by Cougartata
Damnit, where is my consent woman??!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 9:21 am
by illjill
Paschein's a GM now too right? She should get fired for that shit.

I say BBQ at Willow Walk next time she's in town. Bring the death grog and we'll freak dance.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 9:28 am
by Trebber
1) GMs are hired from the player population

2) Some players are complete idiots

3) Therefore ....

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 9:46 am
by Grenshin
Trebber wrote:1) GMs are hired from the player population

2) Some players are complete idiots

3) Therefore ....


To quote from a popular movie...

Which brings us at last to the moment of truth, wherein the fundamental flaw is ultimately expressed and the anomaly revealed as both beginning and end.


The fact that GMs are hired from the playerbase is both the solution to and cause of virtually every MUD's decline. On one hand, you have yourself a neat little package of people who are interested in the game and want to help it, so you can get them to help develop the game. On the other hand, a good number of those people are fuckwits that drive customers away.

If you look at how many people died as a result of this little "payback", which I suspect to be around 30 or so, you will probably find 20 or so that would be pissed they had to be subject to some pissant hoser's attempt at striking revenge.

As much as I say this shit sucks, though, I'd hate to imagine what would happen if a good majority of the SCers became GMs... :twisted:

*Edited to emphasize sarcasm*

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 10:06 am
by Harlet
...I want to be a GM. :D

~H~

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 10:12 am
by Paint and Soul
poor vrii!!! I'll kill them all for you!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 10:17 am
by Destron
thats totatlly gay

I suggest you leave now?

Where does it say in DR policy that a GM can make you leave a room just because? So they can make sure you didnt pause your script? That doesnt even make fucking sense. What a joke.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 10:17 am
by Cougartata
I have two things that will bar that from ever happening:

1. Intelligence
2. Common Sense