Because I Know She Reads Here

Special Library of Legendary Threads

Re: Because I Know She Reads Here

Postby Reene on Fri Dec 12, 2008 10:56 am

Sounds like you would be all ready to be a scepter interceptor, Mord.
* kystrk has joined #isleeptoomuch
<incarna> ladies only allow cocks in their asses, apparently
<kystrk> hell of a way to walk into the convo

<Meragin> dudes typically my foreskin is in the mouth not being stretch and played like a fucking kazoo
<Phii> lol typically nigga please
<Phii> You're here playing DR.
<Asrion> hes really flexible, ok?
Reene
Smelly Cat Immortal

Character Name: Caelumia

Postby Tyrun on Fri Dec 12, 2008 11:12 am

Reene wrote:there was other shit he did as well which made him an unprofessional events GM.

he made a lot of promises to players he shouldn't have made, ran a lot of events he shouldn't have run, then failed to write down or document the vast majority of what he did which put the remaining event GMs up a creek when it came time to pick up. went out of his way to show favoritism to certain players, occasionally breaking NDA to do so...

idk that on top of cybering people with Vorclaf makes him a creepy guy and not a great GM. even if he was good at being creative there was more to GMing than that.

I'm still inclined to say "our loss." I took part in some events that were not approved. Hell, at the time, he was the only GM that paid me any attention at all or gave me a chance.

The gripe with not logging events for historical accuracy I can understand. I don't think the cybering thing makes him creepy, just a male on the internet with an outlet.

Hell, if the current outcast princess propositioned me and I weren't bonded, you know what? I'd hit it. End of story. That's the kind of favoritism I'm talking about. Let me get my RP story line going by having a woman of power take me on as a concubine, fuck yeah. I'll log it and jot THAT shit down in MY personal history book, and that log will never grace the light of these boards (HINT HINT HINT HINT).

Creepy my ass. Any players that get shown that kind of favoritism should live it up imo and keep it to themselves. It's creepy if the attention is unwanted. It wasn't.
Tyrun
Smelly Cat Beast

Postby Mord on Fri Dec 12, 2008 11:15 am

Reene wrote:Sounds like you would be all ready to be a scepter interceptor, Mord.

:oops:

If it got me a shiny new badge.
Mord
Smelly Cat Immortal

Character Name: None

Postby nerdinstincts on Fri Dec 12, 2008 11:22 am

Tyrun wrote:
Cerval wrote:Yeah, like when he used to phone sex that crazy Niktika chick for alterations.

Also bullshit rumor. =P She was a gamehost and could get alterations with her points, newb.

That's funny, because she's the one that told me about her relationship with him. And this was long before the point system.

EDIT:I don't think it's a problem if GMs want to get it on with players. The problem is when the player then recieves favors and the relationship becomes pay-to-play.
nerdinstincts
Savant Crate Monkey

Character Name: Dante

Postby Quanette on Fri Dec 12, 2008 11:43 am

Who cares if Suzy Happy Homemaker cybered John Long-and-Hard? Mind your own business and get a fucking life.
Quanette
Führer Courtney

Character Name: Quanette

Postby mylthazz on Fri Dec 12, 2008 11:48 am

True that. Some people have sex for rent, some for alterations. Respect the hustle.
mylthazz
Smelly Cat Immortal

Character Name: I QUIT BC I WAS BORED

Postby Zadie on Fri Dec 12, 2008 12:07 pm

Quanette wrote:Who cares if Suzy Happy Homemaker cybered John Long-and-Hard? Mind your own business and get a fucking life.

Courtney I love you and I miss you. <3 <3 <3

Also, LOL @ respect the hustle.
<Collain> this conversation took a turn off the wtf freeway and onto depressing overpass

<theian> i cant do this anymore I think you just turned me gay but Im not sure

incarna wrote:For a lot of people thump is as bad as having a girl say "sorry I'm on my period" but for the gangstas she immediately leans over and whispers "but you can fuck me in the ass if you want".
Zadie
Rippentropp Don't Stop

Character Name: Princess Zadie

Postby Avrii on Fri Dec 12, 2008 12:13 pm

Quanette wrote:Who cares if Suzy Happy Homemaker cybered John Long-and-Hard? Mind your own business and get a fucking life.
tremulous wrote:Life's one big game of mafia to Sara.

<Overlord_45> look i can pay enough attention to the characters to recognize that it's really fucking funny for certain characters to take the actions that they've chosen to take in this game and also want to replace my eyes with my testicles to see if the Nadugan will awaken the power to truly purge my memory of ever watching this
Avrii
Smelly Cat Immortal

Character Name: Ryxa

Postby AJizzle on Fri Dec 12, 2008 12:16 pm

Is Suzy hot?
Jhime-DR wrote:Sebastienne is a confirmed hot female.

_______
Chek wrote:Sometimes I wonder what it'd be like to live in a world where every other fucking person got the point except me.
AJizzle
Smelly Cat Immortal

Character Name: Nae

Postby Avrii on Fri Dec 12, 2008 12:21 pm

I hear her L's and F's are fucking smokin bro
tremulous wrote:Life's one big game of mafia to Sara.

<Overlord_45> look i can pay enough attention to the characters to recognize that it's really fucking funny for certain characters to take the actions that they've chosen to take in this game and also want to replace my eyes with my testicles to see if the Nadugan will awaken the power to truly purge my memory of ever watching this
Avrii
Smelly Cat Immortal

Character Name: Ryxa

Postby Tyrun on Fri Dec 12, 2008 12:27 pm

Cerval wrote:
Tyrun wrote:
Cerval wrote:Yeah, like when he used to phone sex that crazy Niktika chick for alterations.

Also bullshit rumor. =P She was a gamehost and could get alterations with her points, newb.

That's funny, because she's the one that told me about her relationship with him. And this was long before the point system.

EDIT:I don't think it's a problem if GMs want to get it on with players. The problem is when the player then recieves favors and the relationship becomes pay-to-play.

I am still skeptical of this for undisclosed reasons. She wouldn't need him to get her alterations. I knew Nikita pretty well.
Tyrun
Smelly Cat Beast

Postby RangerV on Fri Dec 12, 2008 12:49 pm

Tyrun wrote:evil genius is hard to come by

Vaschon is still hands down one of the greatest events GMs DR has ever had.

Hands. Down.

Roleplay in DR diminished DRASTICALLY in his absence and never fully recovered, IMO.

Agreed. Velmix, Wyren, Jourok, the list goes on.

Reene wrote:he made a lot of promises to players he shouldn't have made, ran a lot of events he shouldn't have run, then failed to write down or document the vast majority of what he did which put the remaining event GMs up a creek when it came time to pick up. went out of his way to show favoritism to certain players

I don't think Vaschon has exclusive membership in this club.

~V~
RangerV
Savant Crate Monkey

Character Name: Valynn

Postby Urwin on Fri Dec 12, 2008 12:54 pm

Quanette wrote:John Long-and-Hard

oh you flatterer
Urwin
Comrade Urwin

Character Name: Urwin

Postby Reene on Fri Dec 12, 2008 1:14 pm

Tyrun wrote:It's creepy if the attention is unwanted. It wasn't.

Some of it was.

But yes, this is all old news. In response to a lot of the stuff Vaschon did they really tightened the belt behind the scenes, and basically went way the fuck in the other direction. Some GMs still cling to favorites (coughquarel) but it's not the same as it was back then, which is both good and bad.

The ideal would be a middle ground. Less events red tape, less cybering favorite players.

And really, the whole "soandso sucks GM cawk for favors + attention" partyline gets brought up and mocked regularly here. Nothing being posted is a huge revelation to anyone that has been around long enough (hi sean). Plus I've avoided using names for a reason.

Vaschon was a good writer and a creative motherfucker but did some skeezy underhanded shit I know I've seen people rage about here in the past (i.e. blatant favoritism) and that's primarily why he got fired and why events got the dramatic overhaul that it did. That is pretty much the long and short of it afaik.
* kystrk has joined #isleeptoomuch
<incarna> ladies only allow cocks in their asses, apparently
<kystrk> hell of a way to walk into the convo

<Meragin> dudes typically my foreskin is in the mouth not being stretch and played like a fucking kazoo
<Phii> lol typically nigga please
<Phii> You're here playing DR.
<Asrion> hes really flexible, ok?
Reene
Smelly Cat Immortal

Character Name: Caelumia

Postby Baelor on Fri Dec 12, 2008 2:47 pm

Reene wrote:there was other shit he did as well which made him an unprofessional events GM.

he made a lot of promises to players he shouldn't have made, ran a lot of events he shouldn't have run, then failed to write down or document the vast majority of what he did which put the remaining event GMs up a creek when it came time to pick up. went out of his way to show favoritism to certain players, occasionally breaking NDA to do so...

idk that on top of cybering people with Vorclaf makes him a creepy guy and not a great GM. even if he was good at being creative there was more to GMing than that.

Sounds kinna like your GM buddy now? Least with the NDA part and giving out info. There will always be favoritism its just part of the game. You want to RP with people you like, thats just a fact. I don't hold anything against GM so and so because they don't want to RP with me. Hey if you can make buddies with GMs great.
Baelor
Smelly Cat Immortal

Character Name: Nostromo

PreviousNext

Return to Hall of Fame