Because I Know She Reads Here

Special Library of Legendary Threads

Re: Because I Know She Reads Here

Postby Navak on Fri Dec 12, 2008 3:09 pm

There is a difference between breaking NDA, and talking with a player about information that you wouldn't put beyond the realm of posting or a con answer.
Last edited by Navak on Fri Dec 12, 2008 3:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[07/10/2008 00:46:14] <QuesloWork> to many civil liberties is what got us attacked in the fist place thanks bill

That said, Simu has always been like this, anyone that has played any of their games for an extended period of time knows they're tight-lipped. You'd also know that they deliver what they say they're going to and it's of the highest quality when it's done. - Some idiot on MMORPG
Navak
Smelly Cat Immortal

Postby Zadie on Fri Dec 12, 2008 3:11 pm

Baelor wrote:
Reene wrote:there was other shit he did as well which made him an unprofessional events GM.

he made a lot of promises to players he shouldn't have made, ran a lot of events he shouldn't have run, then failed to write down or document the vast majority of what he did which put the remaining event GMs up a creek when it came time to pick up. went out of his way to show favoritism to certain players, occasionally breaking NDA to do so...

idk that on top of cybering people with Vorclaf makes him a creepy guy and not a great GM. even if he was good at being creative there was more to GMing than that.

Sounds kinna like your GM buddy now? Least with the NDA part and giving out info. There will always be favoritism its just part of the game. You want to RP with people you like, thats just a fact. I don't hold anything against GM so and so because they don't want to RP with me. Hey if you can make buddies with GMs great.

o_O
<Collain> this conversation took a turn off the wtf freeway and onto depressing overpass

<theian> i cant do this anymore I think you just turned me gay but Im not sure

incarna wrote:For a lot of people thump is as bad as having a girl say "sorry I'm on my period" but for the gangstas she immediately leans over and whispers "but you can fuck me in the ass if you want".
Zadie
Rippentropp Don't Stop

Character Name: Princess Zadie

Postby Teeklin on Fri Dec 12, 2008 3:59 pm

On the one hand, who the fuck cares if two people are willingly cybering each other in the privacy of their own text-home? It's really none of my business and so I never cared one way or another.

On the other hand, just because these are former players and volunteers does not make them any less employees with responsibilites and rules to follow. Is it that hard to troll a random chat room to cyber with another dumb internet whore? Their job is to stay impartial and run events for everyone. If I were an events GM I would make it a point to run an event and note the people that were on the "outside" and then go in as another GMPC and run another side of it with them just so people knew that it was all totally roleplay and had nothing to do with friends or enemies or favoritism.

I think it's easy to lose sight of that when you start fucking around with some random game girls and talking to them all the time in IMs. All the GMs over all the years that I've been friends with and talked to, we always made it a point not to really talk about the game outside of my input on their ideas and their input on mine. The rest was talk about music or game events or other games or whatever. If I had talked every day about the shit they were working on I could definately understand people being pissed and them getting punished for it.
Teeklin

The man about the town, the beauty queen, the paragon of civilization;
But shadows cling to us all,
Even those convinced that they're sheltered and immune.
When will I get mine? Or must I be a god-fearing, white American?

Why should the thieves have all of the fun?
Selling us water by the river, they don't speak for everyone
I'm ready to run and you're making me crawl
Selling me water by the river, but they don't speak for me at all.
Thieves - Incubus
Teeklin
Smelly Cat Immortal

Character Name: Teeklin

Postby Reene on Fri Dec 12, 2008 4:19 pm

Baelor wrote:
Reene wrote:there was other shit he did as well which made him an unprofessional events GM.

he made a lot of promises to players he shouldn't have made, ran a lot of events he shouldn't have run, then failed to write down or document the vast majority of what he did which put the remaining event GMs up a creek when it came time to pick up. went out of his way to show favoritism to certain players, occasionally breaking NDA to do so...

idk that on top of cybering people with Vorclaf makes him a creepy guy and not a great GM. even if he was good at being creative there was more to GMing than that.

Sounds kinna like your GM buddy now? Least with the NDA part and giving out info. There will always be favoritism its just part of the game. You want to RP with people you like, thats just a fact. I don't hold anything against GM so and so because they don't want to RP with me. Hey if you can make buddies with GMs great.

The GMs I know never told me anything they didn't also post on the boards or talk about at a convention or explicitly say "your job is to now go tell people about this." (Auriane specifically on that last one but I don't think I told much of anyone about that, and I'm fairly sure she had the okay from On High.)

I'm referring to things like a GM dropping a private hint to a certain player that Incinerate scrolls were about to be sold somewhere and he should hurry up and get there so he can buy them up.

For the rest, what Teeklin said sums up my opinion on the matter.
* kystrk has joined #isleeptoomuch
<incarna> ladies only allow cocks in their asses, apparently
<kystrk> hell of a way to walk into the convo

<Meragin> dudes typically my foreskin is in the mouth not being stretch and played like a fucking kazoo
<Phii> lol typically nigga please
<Phii> You're here playing DR.
<Asrion> hes really flexible, ok?
Reene
Smelly Cat Immortal

Character Name: Caelumia

Postby Pureblade on Fri Dec 12, 2008 7:33 pm

Vaschon's events are the only ones I even remotely remember. Ice Festival to Sirolarn's execution to Treasonsists and then things sorta petered out then probably due to his firings.

The amount of roleplay offered was awesome and it made me actually feel like DR was a bit like a D&D game where the GM knew how to challenge people and carry a storyline as opposed to just stomping players when they got off a set in stone premade plot.

If favoritism means getting events that make the game fun for a dozen people and don't require days of everyone wandering aimlessly until someone gweths that they heard a goblin sneeze near a river and HEY HOPEFULLY THAT RELATES TO THE THING THAT RANDOMLY HAPPENED A MONTH AGO THAT I SAW HAPPEN, please get me more GM favoritism and hire extra GMs to give other players the same kind of favoritism.
Pureblade
Smelly Cat Immortal

Character Name: Pureblade

Postby Reene on Fri Dec 12, 2008 7:47 pm

They definitely overcompensated for things after they got rid of Vaschon.

They need to realize that the ideal lies somewhere in the middle. Accountability and documentation without miles of red tape.

<Meragin> dudes typically my foreskin is in the mouth not being stretch and played like a fucking kazoo
Reene
Smelly Cat Immortal

Postby Just_Drex on Fri Dec 12, 2008 8:20 pm

And here I was always told by GMs how it was so taboo and against the rules that there would never be anything like that even implied so I was happily surprised when it happened with Urwin, meaning an implied relationship. I'm not even gonna touch the whole cyber thing. Knowing other GMs tend to watch GMPCs that just gets a bit too weird.

However, I guess I understand now where the whole sleeping for a court position crap comes from. I don't care if Vaschon did it either. He was still the most fun events GM ever.
Just_Drex
Savant Crate Monkey

Character Name: Drexella

Postby illjill on Fri Dec 12, 2008 9:28 pm

They have to have sick stamina and charisma ranks which lures in the womenz.
<&Trent> my rl foraging would be like "forage grass" "you find some dog poop!" "You dont own a dog!"

GrandMasterTrent (11:38:33 PM): and was like "I WISH I COULD TAKE A PICTURE OF THIS TURD AND SEND IT TO YOU
GrandMasterTrent (11:38:36 PM): ITS LIKE THE TURD OF A LIFETIME
MarennDR (11:38:38 PM): lol
GrandMasterTrent (11:38:46 PM): b/c it literally looked like i was hiding an 8" black dildo up my ass
GrandMasterTrent (11:38:52 PM): and then pooped it out
illjill
Smelly Cat High Level Cawk

Character Name: Saraehle my noob mm YAY

Postby Zadie on Fri Dec 12, 2008 10:13 pm

illjill wrote:They have to have sick stamina and charisma ranks which lures in the womenz.

You funny, clever girl. <3
<Collain> this conversation took a turn off the wtf freeway and onto depressing overpass

<theian> i cant do this anymore I think you just turned me gay but Im not sure

incarna wrote:For a lot of people thump is as bad as having a girl say "sorry I'm on my period" but for the gangstas she immediately leans over and whispers "but you can fuck me in the ass if you want".
Zadie
Rippentropp Don't Stop

Character Name: Princess Zadie

Postby Magrid on Sat Dec 13, 2008 5:04 am

hey nice tits
(1:35:49 PM) C0lettea1: damn he is hard
(1:54:38 PM) C0lettea1: men suck

Magrid
Smelly Cat Immortal

Character Name: Magrid

Postby Pureblade on Sat Dec 13, 2008 2:01 pm

Just_Drex wrote:And here I was always told by GMs how it was so taboo and against the rules that there would never be anything like that even implied so I was happily surprised when it happened with Urwin, meaning an implied relationship. I'm not even gonna touch the whole cyber thing. Knowing other GMs tend to watch GMPCs that just gets a bit too weird.

However, I guess I understand now where the whole sleeping for a court position crap comes from. I don't care if Vaschon did it either. He was still the most fun events GM ever.

Wasn't it implied way way way before in the long ago time that Daython was dating some GMNPC?
Pureblade
Smelly Cat Immortal

Character Name: Pureblade

Postby Reene on Sat Dec 13, 2008 5:47 pm

Pureblade wrote:
Just_Drex wrote:And here I was always told by GMs how it was so taboo and against the rules that there would never be anything like that even implied so I was happily surprised when it happened with Urwin, meaning an implied relationship. I'm not even gonna touch the whole cyber thing. Knowing other GMs tend to watch GMPCs that just gets a bit too weird.

Wasn't it implied way way way before in the long ago time that Daython was dating some GMNPC?

Yes. Supposedly they even got bonded, and then it turned into some huge fiasco and they don't do it anymore. And now he's bonded to Skilair so I guess there's some justice in the world.

There's a separation in my mind between flirting and mild displays of affection and...well, crap that crosses the line I guess, with "serious" sexual overtones - and not because I'm necessarily bothered by that sort of thing, but because the issue of professionalism invariably comes up. The Urwin-Vanassa thing never crossed any serious lines in my mind; it was funny, they never did much more than snuggle and flirt openly afaik, and there was plenty of open communication between the two so it didn't cross a line into uncomfortable. Same with things like subtle Ealuik innuendo directed at Cael. It manages to be funny instead of creepy.

Reene
Smelly Cat Immortal

Postby Zeltaen on Sat Dec 13, 2008 6:09 pm

he ran events that i liked and AFAIK it isn't like he was some masked rapist putting roofies in anyone's Wizard.

A+
Zeltaen
Smelly Cat Immortal

Character Name: Syrenie

Postby Phii on Sat Dec 13, 2008 7:45 pm

I want GMPCs to be sexy.
Phii
President Erin

Character Name: Phii

Postby Reene on Sat Dec 13, 2008 7:48 pm

Phii wrote:I want GMPCs to be sexy.

You just want Ealuik.

WELL TOO BAD, HE'S MINE. :smt018

Reene
Smelly Cat Immortal

PreviousNext

Return to Hall of Fame